It is vitally important to contact the Burn Injury Law Group if you or someone you know has experienced a burn injury. Founded by Attorney Robert. A. Brenner (www.attorneyrobertbrenner.com) to assist burn injury victims to preserve their legal rights and begin their journey to complete recovery, the Burn Injury Law Group has dedicated themselves to helping burn injury survivors restore their “economic dignity”. The Burn Injury Law Group assists client around the nation.
Issues Requiring Legal Advice
Following a serious burn injury, the burn victim and their family members must address a number of issues that often require experienced and professional legal advice. An experienced burn injury attorney can help victims and their families answer crucial questions regarding the future, such as:
- How accumulating and overwhelming medical bills will be paid, now and in the future
- How living expenses will be met during the recovery process and beyond if the victim can no longer work
- Whether or not a personal injury claim seeking compensation can or should be pursued
- Whether or not the burn injury sustained was the result of negligence on behalf of another individual, a product defect or an entity
The Right to Compensation
A legal right to compensation may reimburse for:
- Past, present and future medical expenses/bills
- Present and future loss of income
- Compensation for pain and suffering, which can be significant in severe burn injuries (cosmetic disfigurement, as well as the pain experienced throughout the multiple procedures necessary for recovery)
- Job retraining (vocational rehabilitation)
- Loss of consortium (the spouse of a burn victim may be entitled to compensation in severe burn injuries, where loss of companionship, support, services, love and sexual relations may be lost or permanently altered)
If you, a family member, or someone you know has suffered a severe burn injury and you require assistance to determine whether the basis for a personal injury claim exists, please contact the Burn Injury Attorney Law Group now. Sitting on your legal rights is sometimes ill advised- it can never be too soon to act, but it can be too late.
A burn injury can come from many different sources, including heat, electricity, and friction. A burn injury can vary greatly depending on what part of the body is burned, how severe the burn injury is, and the extent of the burned area. In addition, burn injuries can affect far more than just the skin- blood vessels, muscle tissue and bones may also be affected. A burn injury results in severe pain as a result of damage to nerve endings. Severe burn injuries may cause death.
Complications of burn injuries may include:
- electrolyte imbalance
- airway injury
- emotional distress
- scarring and physical deformity
This site is being offered as the premier one-stop resource center to ensure professional information is made available to the burn victim, to the many people who are searching for critical information on behalf of a loved one, to the family of burn survivors and to the professionals who care for them. We hope that this site will be able to assist you with valuable advice, guidance, products and support that otherwise might not be easily available to you.
The Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is seeking individuals who have SKIN GRAFTS to participate in a research study.